We often get asked the question, “….how much is it to install the UFH?”
It is difficult to give an accurate answer without specifics as the variables are wide and varied.
To price an installation, we would need to know the following as a minimum:
- What size kit are we installing, how many circuits etc? We would usually work this out from the plans.
- What is the location of the property? Location and kit size will determine if we require overnight stays and/or extra installers.
- What’s the floor construction, joists, solid floor etc? This affects how long it will take to install, for example joists require notching which can be time consuming.
- Are we laying the insulation etc? We can lay the insulation and fit a screed membrane (required for liquid screeds) if required to do so.
- Are we removing existing floors, cross battening floor boards etc?
- Are we fitting floor boards, spreader plates or biscuit mix etc?
- Are we to return to set up / commission the system?
As you can see there are a lot of variables to consider, which will ultimately affect the cost of installation!
Here are a few examples:
- Installing a 6 port 600m kit (usually around 100-120m²) on pre-fitted insulation, 25 miles from our office would be approximately £500+vat. The price would include - fitting of pipes as per CAD design, filling/venting/pressure testing, locating the manifold, fitting of pump pack (if applicable), fitting of perimeter insulation to all walls applicable.
- Installing a 12 port 1200m kit (usually around 200-250m²) including laying 100mm insulation and screed membrane, 180 miles from our office would be approximately £1900+vat. The price would include - fitting of pipes as per CAD design, filling/venting/pressure testing, locating of manifold, fitting of pump pack (if applicable), fitting of perimeter insulation to all walls applicable, laying and taping of insulation, laying/taping/trimming of 500 gauge screed membrane.
All of our work is guaranteed for 10 years and only carried out by experienced installers. We have £1M Professional Indemnity (covers design etc) plus £5M Public Liability insurance.
So what's the conclusion?
As you can see there are plenty of variables to affect the price depending on the customers’ wishes. As with pricing up an underfloor heating kit, it’s always better to have all of the information for an accurate quote.
If any company can confidently give a price per m² without plans, they’re probably guessing!
It’s always best to email your plans to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll give a definitive answer.